THE NEW USE OF MOBILE MARKETING IS AUGMENTED REALITY: BRIDGING THE OFFLINE AND ONLINE GAP THROUGH MOBILE
- In 2016, a year when desktop ad sales stagnated, mobile advertising grew 48% to reach $80 billion- -or 45% of total digital ad spends. By the close of 2017, mobile advertising is expected to account for 52% of total digital ad dollars.
- 59% of CPG shoppers look for coupons online before entering a store. AMC Theatres increased their CTR by 75% after launching AR trailers and coupons from movie posters in their theatre lobbies!
- The average direct mail response rate is 3%, but via augmented reality the response rates increased to 37%!
- Mobile advertising revenue will more than triple according to the Strategy Analytics Global Mobile Media Forecast exceeding $42 billion by 2017 or 18% of total mobile media expenditure.
This year will be for mobile device commitments. The mobile device revolution has developed a new channel for companies to access their customer details. Now, the times have changed. Brands can reach out to their customers when they are ready to purchase a product or research a product. The consumer can access their choice of brands and company. Here are few top trends in 2017.
Live video streaming: Live video streaming is a brief look at real time activities regarding the business
Mobile performance: Mobile apps will keep going up and increase mobile commerce sales.
Real Time interaction with the target market: Real-time interaction with the target market helps to understand the needs of the customer.
LIVE VIDEO STREAMING
Social media platforms like Facebook Live, YouTube, and Periscope offer a live video feature to their customers so they can see the products in real time. A live video feature is actually a brief look of real-time activities regarding the business.
There are many advantages of live video streaming:
- Live video streaming increases your audience. The internet plays an important role in our lives. A live video streaming event gives permission to the audience to ask questions about the event.
- A live video streaming feature also reduces the cost. There are many organizations that used live video as part of a training session for their employees. When we are trying to host a live event, we have to consider the costs of travelling, security food, and lodging.
- Reduced costs means the organization’s revenues will increase. The time and money saved allows us to spend it growing resources for promoting the organization’s products.
- The live streaming feature allows an interaction between the organization and the audience. The interaction allows organizations to improve themselves and connect with the audience with a question-and-answer discussion.
Mobile Marketing Trends for 2018:
Mobile apps will keep going up and increase mobile commerce sales. The data between the mobile app and the browser clearly show that the increasing numbers of mobile users are using mobile apps. In 2016, the biggest IT firm introduced an app search tool. Mobile apps improved the UX on mobile screens and made it easier to understand a business.
- Personalization will become important: Focus on the personalization of the user’s experience with your services. Provide users what they need and what is available at right time with the right answer. Here, you can use push notifications for your app to form a relationship with a consumer.
- Current year is based on use of beacon devices: Location-based marketing or proximity marketing is the latest technology of personalization. Enables you to send advertising messages to nearby limited areas. This service will increase the chance of a visitor to converting into a customer
- Video content advertisement: Video content advertisements increase the chance of visitor buying a product.
- Visuals will rule: It is not only video advertising that dominates this year, but visuals (emojis) as well will be heavily used for marketing. During 2 these all elements will help you to increase the user’s attention.
REAL-TIME INTERACTION WITH THE TARGET MARKET
Real-time interaction with the target market helps to understand the needs of the customer the way to understand the growing needs for the customers so the business can interact with customers as human mainly requires real-time interactions with the customer, here, the company sends emails and SMS via the IVRS system in their helplines and provides contact details their portfolio. Many websites and social media websites have an online chat session feature, where customers can interact in real time with a business. Some examples of real-time marketing include Facebook, Twitter, Skype and BBM. The live videos gather feedback from the real-time interactions and provides the required improvement. The social media interaction can be effective because they have the customer’s details like name, age, interested areas, income levels, family situation, and geographies. This gathered data will become synchronized and an interface will be created for customer service and loyalty regarding the brand
Here are some features of real-time interactions with the target market
- To form consumer relationships.
- To promote live events. Increase social media commitment and reachability.
- Identify the new consumer and audience segments.
- Know about your consumers (where they spend their time).
- Consider the role of mobile.
The above statistic shows that the total number of mobile phone users in globe from 2013 to 2019:
- 2013: 4.01Billion
- 2014:4.23 Billion
- 2015: 4.43 Billion
- 2016: 4.61 Billion
- 2017: 4.77 Billion
- 2018: 4,93 Billion
- 2019: 5.07 Billion
SHARE OF WEB TRAFFIC BY DEVICE (2017)
Based on each device’s share of all webpages served to web browsers
- 45% Desktop with a -20% Year on Year change
- 50% Mobile Phones with a Year on Year change +30%
- 5% Tablet Devices with a Year on Year change -5%
- 0.12% Other Devices with a Year on Year change +33%
- Mobile council of commerce will account for 24.4% of overall e-commerce revenues by the end of 2017.
- Mobile ad spending will top $160 billion worldwide by 2018, taking over 65% of the digital market.
- 36% of mobile subscribers use iPhones or iPads to read email and 34% of subscribers only use mobile devices to read emails.
- Google says 61% of users are unlikely to return to a mobile site they had trouble accessing and 40% visit a competitor’s site instead.
- 48% of consumers start a mobile research with a search engine.
- 33% of consumers start a mobile research with a branded website.
- 26% of consumers start a mobile research with a branded app.
- Apps account for 89% of mobile media time, with the other 11% spent on websites.
- Over 50% of smartphone users grab their smartphone immediately after waking up.
CASE STUDY: STARBUCKS: MILLER BEER CASE STUDY
- Miller Beer has a live music brand called The Mill Live. The Mill Live is a dedicated music experience that encompasses a dedicated website and gig guide that promotes new unsigned Scottish Bands into the Scottish Music Scene through a full range of Mill Live music venues across Scotland.
- Miller wanted to enlarge the Mill Live brand more and more into their clubs and pubs, which includes the websites that hosted the live gigs with an idea to make the live music gig content available to the audience on the night of the concert.
- Miller wanted to generate more interest in the Mill Live brand and introduce it to a larger audience through live venues in both Glasgow and Edinburgh This had to be achieved by installing 20 new iSender Pro Smart Plus devices into those locations with extemal antennas, More than 60 venues were involved over a 9-month campaign.
- Each installation also required unique content that had to be loaded onto the iSender device that corresponded to the actin der to report results every week.
- Challenge in delivering this campaign was two-fold. First, we needed to provide the campaign on time and in three-month rotating cycles to more than 60 venues scattered throughout both Glasgow and Edinburgh. We needed to ensure that the equipment being installed secure and positioned to maximize the very best broadcasting range in a variety was of different locations/ scenarios.
- We also had to make sure that we had remote access to the iSender devices in order to remotely control every campaign in each of the 20 locations simultaneously. This required a combination of using 3G dongles and connecting the units to existing wireless networks already set up within some of the venues. We delivered this solution on time and on budget with remarkable results.
- Over the six-month period, the Miller campaign presented the option to listeners to accept or decline the Mill Live gig mp3 content. The offer was made to just 600,000 unique mobiles; approximately 200,000 unique devices per 3-month quarter. Over 52,000 mobiles accepted the Mill Live MP3 content, representing a success rate of just over 9%.
- This acceptance rate not only presented a verifiable success measure unavailable in any alternative advertising media, but it also showed a higher success rate than any press, radio, or television exposure could have achieved combined.